Children age 2 and under $4
Opening in April 2018 – Hours
Open Wednesday thru Saturday, Memorial Day to December 31,
10:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Thanksgiving Day
Please call ahead to confirm the museum’s open hours.
Group tours and special visits can be arranged by appointment.
Please contact us or call 937-763-1864.
Music Makers Museum
11885 U.S. Highway 50
Hillsboro, Ohio 45133
Places to Stay
Make a List of Things to Do in the Area
In addition to visiting the Music Makers Museum and gift shop, Highland County and Nearby Ross County have a number of other activities to take an enjoyable break from the hustle and bustle of the city. The scenic area is home to a growing Amish community and has various opportunities to hear live music.
Live Music Shows
- Spend Saturday Night at the oldest country music show in Ohio, the Paxton Theater
- Check out the “Rock ‘N Blues” at the Fling barn
- July 4th weekend, enjoy Hillsboro’s popular Festival of the Bells, which features upcoming country and gospel bands
- Also in July, is Greenfield’s Wheels of Progress Festival with live music
- In October, enjoy the fall color and live music at the Bainbridge Festival of the Leaves
Discover Local Ohio History
- Visit Chillicothe, the site of Ohio’s first capital and home to the Adena Mansion and Gardens, where the Ohio Seal was inspired and home to the 2000-acre estate of Thomas Worthington (1773-1827), sixth governor of Ohio and one of the state’s first United States Senators. http://adenamansion.com/
- Chillicothe has numerous museums and parks. Check them out at http://visitchillicotheohio.com/what-to-do/attractions/
- Stop in Bainbridge, Ohio on your drive to or from Chillicothe to see the first dental school in the United States, known as “the Cradle of Dentistry,” http://bainbridgedentalmuseum.org/
- In Highland County, check out the local history museums, the Highland County Historical Society and the Greenfield Historical Society, which hosts the Family History Day in early October, http://www.greenfieldhistoricalsociety.org/
- Hike at the Highland Nature Sanctuary and explore the Appalachian Forest Museum, which is the first Museum in the world to tell the story of America’s eastern temperate forest. http://arcofappalachia.org/visit/appalachian-forest-museum.html
- Discover Serpent Mound. It was nominated as a World Heritage Site. The serpent stretches 1,348 feet over the ground and is the largest surviving example of a prehistoric effigy mound in the world. Learn more http://arcofappalachia.org/visit/serpent-mound-earthworks.html
These are just a few highlights, so explore the local Visitor Bureau’s sites for other fun activities in the area, http://visithighlandcounty.com, http://visitchillicotheohio.com/what-to-do/. Remember to plan your visit to the Music Makers Museum and stay a while.